KDF-85/Catalytic Carbon/Calcite RO post filter for acid neutralization, odor removal, and elimination of sulfur and amine compounds.
KDF-85/CatCarb/Calcite RO Water Filter-Iron/H2S/Acid Reduction
Custom formulated 3 Stage KDF-85/Catalytic Carbon/Calcite inline RO water post filter. This filter was developed specifically for the purposes of,
Elimination of dissolved gases containing sulfur and amine compounds not removed by RO system pre-filters or reverse osmosis membrane. The contaminants are potential toxins and can cause odors in RO water and alkaline filters.
- Acid neutralization and remineralization of RO water. RO water has no minerals, is acidic, and corrosive. As a result the water has an acidic pH and flat taste. In addition, RO water causes signficant degradation of the butyl rubber bladder of the RO storage, introducing contaminants into the RO drinking water. While standard granulated activated carbon filters will remove some contaminants, our inline filter is significantly more effective at contaminant removal and re-introduces healthy minerals and neutralizing water acidity.
- Optimize performance of our proprietary REJUV H2 alkaline, re-mineralization, anti-oxidant filter. The composition of our KDF-85/Catalytic Carbon/Calcite filter optimizes hydrogen production from REJUV H2 by eliminating Magnesium Hydroxide formation on the surface of the Magnesium balls in the REJUV H2 formulation.
The filter may be used as a stand alone post filter, eliminating the need for granulated activated carbon (GAC) post filters, or employed as a pre-filter to alkaline post filters to prevent decomposition of the alkaline media and resulting offensive taste/odors.
If you have experienced offensive RO water taste/odors, desire to reduce RO water acidity and reintroduce minerals, or want the highest purity water available through elimination of potentially toxic sulfur and amine compounds, not removed by the RO membrane, you should seriously consider this filter. We have successfully treated problematic RO water for a number of our customers and are confident this filter will work for you too.
This filter has 1/4" NPT connections and requires 1/4" Push to Connect x 1/4" NPTF fittings. Straight and elbow adaptors are available at checkout.
- Materials of Construction - Injection molded food grade virgin polypropylene
- NSF certified KDF-85 (0.5 lbs), Coconut Shell Granulated Catalytic Carbon, Calcite
- Dimensions - 2" x 10"
- Connections - 1/4" NPT
- Maximum Flow Rate - 0.5 GPM
- Maximum Operating Pressure - 120 psi
- Maximum Operating Temperature - 100F
- Minimum Operating Temperature - 35F
- Capacity - 2500 gallons
- No fittings (filter only)
- 1/4" push to connect x 1/4" NPTF straight adaptors (2) + 2" x 2" double filter clips (2)
- 1/4" push to connect x 1/4" NPTF Elbow Connectors(2) + 2" x 2" double filter clips (2)